New Sewickley Township Police Department
233 Miller Road
Rochester, Pa 15074
Non-emergency County Dispatch: 724-775-0881
To email a particular officer, please check the “Police Officers” page for a list of email addresses.
The New Sewickley Township Police Department is seeking donations from residents and businesses to perpetuate a K-9 program and will be soliciting funds through drives and events held in the Township in the coming months.
A K-9 program is a valuable tool in deterring crime, finding missing persons, apprehending criminals, preventing crimes and making our community safer. The K-9 program is part of the police department's plan to curb vandalism, thefts, narcotics and burglaries.
In addition to police work, the K-9 team will conduct demonstrations at schools and special events. The New Sewickley Township Police Department hopes that donations will help defray the ongoing costs of the program.
Donations ca be made in the form of a check made payable to: New Sewickley Township Police K-9 Program and sent to the New Sewickley township Police Department, 233 Miller Road, Rochester, PA 15074
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) are committed to protecting the public and ensuring that the rights of victims are carefully observed. HIS administers the Victim Notification Program which allows eligible victims and witnesses to obtain reliable and timely information regarding a criminal alien’s release from custody. However, victims and witnesses are required to register with HSI and ICE in order to receive notification of criminal notification of criminal alien’s release.
To register, go to this website: http://www.ice.gov/victim-notification/
Click on the link below for more information
ENTRY LEVEL PART-TIME
Applications are being accepted for the position of entry level part-time police officer in the Township of New Sewickley. An application form may be obtained at the New Sewickley Township Police Department, 233 Miller Road, Rochester, PA 15074, Starting Monday December 7, 2015 between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Have attained the age of 21 years by the date of application;
- Be a United States citizen on the date of application;
- Have successfully completed Pennsylvania Act 120 training at the time of appointment;
- Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license at the time of application;
- Have a driving record that indicates an ability to safely and lawfully operate a motor vehicle;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, misdemeanor or other violation of the law that relates to the ability of the applicant to function as a police officer;
- Have not been convicted of any crime involving moral turpitude, or infamous or notoriously disgraceful conduct;
- Have not been dismissed from public service for delinquency or misconduct in office, or be affiliated with any group whose policies or activities are subversive to the forms of government set forth in the constitutions and laws of the United States and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a police officer;
- Have completely and correctly filled out the job application forms and provided all supplemental documents and information required in the application packet;
Completed applications accompanied with a $35.00 check or money order for application and testing fees must be filed at the New Sewickley Township Police Department by Wednesday December 23, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.
(An Equal Opportunity Employer)