New Sewickley, Pennsylvania
New Sewickley Township is a part of depreciation lands that were set aside by Act of Assembly on March 12, 1783 to be awarded to those men who served in the Revolutionary War. Today, New Sewickley Township is a rural community consisting of 33.94 square miles with a population of approximately 7,360. The township is classified as a Second Class Township and is governed by a five member Board of Supervisors that is supported by an office staff of five. Also involved in the operation of the Township are a Code Enforcement Officer, Planning Commission, Municipal Authority, Zoning Hearing Board, Road Department and a Park/Recreation Board and the Township police force.