Glass – Clear, Brown, Green Bottles and Jars
1. Rinse – Remove styrofoam labels.
2. Remove metal lids and rings.
3. Do not break glass
4. Do not include auto glass, light bulbs, procelain, ceramic, plate glass, crystal or mirrors.
Aluminum, Bi-Metal & Tin Food and Beverage Container and Aluminum Foil
1. Rinse thoroughly, crush cans. Plastic Bottles and Jugs Only
1. Rinse throughly, remove caps.
2. Flatten to save space
3. Containers must have the three arrow recycling logo, with the numbers 1 or 2 inside it.
Newspapers and Cardboard
1. Newspapers are to be in paper bags.
2. No plastic bags.
3. Corragated cardboard only.
If you or a group (church, organization, etc.) are looking to volunteer your time, please call Laura Miles at 724-624-0187, to help oversee the recycling program on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays each month.
New Sewickley Township has been fortunate each year to receive a grant under Act 101 for our recycling program. The amount varies each year depending on the volume of tonnage reported from the refuse haulers. Amounts have ranged from $8,000.00 to approximately $14,000.00.
It has been brought to the Township’s attention that there are additional grants available for a considerable amount of funding. However, to be eligible to receive a grant, DEP said that the Township needed to make changes to our Burning Ordinance.
On July 11, 2017, upon the recommendation of the Department of Environmental Protection (DEP), the Board of Supervisors amended the Township Burning Ordinance to include the following.