The laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania empower local governments to regulate the subdivision of land. The authority for this function has been established by the General Assembly under the provisions of Act 247, the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code, as amended by Act 170 of 1988.
New Sewickley Township Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance has been developed to require basic minimum standards for the development of land, including the subdivision thereof, into separate lots, and establishes rules and regulations, definitions, application procedures and permits by which the standards may be carried out.
New Sewickley Township Subdivision/Land Development Ordinance
Amendment – Ordinance No. 221
New Sewickley Township Subdivision Procedures
The New Sewickley Township Planning Commission meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:30
- Prospective applicants shall arrange a pre-application review with the Township Planning Commission to determine the practical and legal feasibility of the proposed project prior to the development of formal preliminary plan preparation. At this review, the applicant/developer or a representative must attend the meeting and submit a sketch plan of what is being proposed.
- Property is surveyed and must comply with the requirements of the Township’s Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance. (Click on the above link (SALDO) for requirements).
- Submit your plan from your Engineer or Surveyor to the Township Office thirty (30) days prior to the next schedule Planning Commission Meeting.
a. Fifteen (15) copies of the plan are required.
b. Three (3) copies of a Planning Module should be included if applicable,with appropriate
signatures and the fee required by DEP (Make check payable to Pa DEP).
c. A review for completeness and initial deficiencies will be identified by the office staff.
d. Any revised subdivisions must be submitted ten (10) days prior to the next scheduled
Planning Commission meeting.
- Prior to Preliminary review all fees must be paid to the Township Office. (See Fee
Schedule listed below).
- The Planning Commission will review the plan at their regular meeting.
- The Township office staff will forward the plan to the Beaver County Planning Commission, with
their required $75.00 base fee and plus an additional $10.00 per lot, (Make this check payable to
Beaver County Planning Commission).
- The Township will forward the plan to the Township Engineer for his review and comments.
- The Township will also forward the plan to the Planning Consultant and Township Sewage
Enforcement Officer if applicable. The applicant/developer will be responsible for any additional
costs that exceeds the escrow amount.
- The following month the plan will be reviewed again by the New Sewickley Township Planning
Commission along with the comments by the Township Engineer, Beaver County Planning
Commission, Planning Consultant and the Sewage Enforcement Officer. A representative for the
plan must attend the meeting. No action will be taken until the comments are submitted by the
Township Engineer, Beaver County Planning Commission and the Sewage Enforcement Officer.
- The Township Planning Commission will then make their recommendation and submit it to the
Township Board of Supervisors for their approval on the 1st Tuesday of month at 6:30 p.m.
- After the Township Board of Supervisors approve the plan, the applicant must make
arrangements to come into the Office to sign the Mylar. At that time the office staff will need
a check made out to the “Beaver County Recorder of Deed” in the amount of $60.00 to have the
Subdivision/Land Development Fees
|Lot Size||Township Fee||Escrow||Total Due|
|1 to 3 Lot Subdivision||$200.00||$250.00||$450.00|
|4 to 9 Lot Subdivision||$1,000.00||$750.00||$1,750.00|
|10 or more Lot Subdivision||$2,500.00||$2,000.00||$4,500.00|
|0 to 10,000 Square Feet Land Development||$500.00||$1,250.00||$1,750.00|
|10,001 to 25,000 Square Feet|
|25,001 to 40,000 Square Feet|
|40,000 and over Square Feet Land Development||$5,000.00||$5,000.00||$10,000.00|